High-Quality Shop Fittings and Gondola Shelving For Melbourne Businesses
Shopfittings Direct is dedicated to providing clients across Melbourne and Victoria with effective solutions for all their retail needs. We understand the importance of creating an environment that accurately reflects your business, and the shopfitting supplies and displays you select can significantly impact that.
We want all small business owners to be able to use the highest quality shop fittings in the country, so we provide an extensive range of products at some of the industry’s most competitive prices. Whether it’s slatwall panels and gondola shelving, shop display cabinets, display hooks, or countertop retail displays, we’ve got it, priced affordably. Get the best for your store and browse the range at Shopfittings Direct today.
The support you need
At Shopfittings Direct, we provide fast and reliable delivery to businesses across Melbourne, providing the capability to fit out or refurbish your retail space in a timely fashion. Housing a huge collection including Australia’s largest shelving range, as well as the one of the most extensive selections of showcases and shop counters in the country, our product range includes:
Melbourne – Victoria’s thriving capital and retail hot spot
The capital of Victoria state, Melbourne is the second most populous city in Australia and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the southern hemisphere. It is a cultural hub, with landmarks including the Royal Exhibition Center and the National Gallery of Victoria, and is also currently ranked the 2nd most liveable city in the world (having been ranked the top city for seven years in a row). The city has a strong and diverse economy and some of the biggest national and international businesses are based here.
Unsurprisingly, the retail industry thrives in Melbourne. With millions of tourists and locals lining the streets every day, stores have no shortage of punters to market their products to. Melbourne’s retail industry is worth around $3.9 billion a year to the Australian economy, providing over 20,000 jobs. Chain stores and independent traders can be found on the city’s busy high streets, cobbled side streets, many shopping centres and market squares. The clothing and food sectors are the biggest retail sectors, but you can find retailers of all shapes and sizes throughout the city.
Best shopping locations in Melbourne
Melbourne is home to a number of great shopping districts, particularly for lovers of fashion who can spend hours perusing the boutiques of shopping malls, high streets and side lanes. Here are just a few of the places to head to if you’re looking for a retail buzz:
- Chadstone Shopping Centre – located 30 minutes from the city centre, this varied mall contains the bigger brand name stores and designer stores (Apple, Chanel, Louis Vitton, Kmart, etc.) alongside smaller speciality stores (Aesop, Country Road, Seed). It also lays claim to being the biggest shopping centre in the whole southern hemosphere.
- Melbourne Emporium – only five years old, this sparkling new centre features a wealth of trendy clothing stores as well as a food court where you can get anything from burgers to Greek street food.
- Chapel Street – another shopping paradise, there are over two kilometres of retailers in this stretch in the south of the city. You will find big name brands jostling with smaller independent stores jostling for the attention of the wandering crowds.
- Melbourne Central – this mega shopping mall is five storeys high and contains around 300 retailers between Lonsdale Street and La Trobe Street.
- Collins Street – this posher city centre street includes some of the more upmarket names such as Chanel and Armani.
- DFO South Wharf – the place to head if you want to find a bargain. There are over 100 different stores at this retail outlet south of the Yarra River.
Display cabinets for Melbourne retailers
We display a comprehensive range of display cabinets for Melbourne retailers, all designed to add visual style to stores as well as keeping products safe anywhere on the shop floor. Display cases can be placed out in the middle of the store to draw people’s attention to a particular section, in store windows as part of an eye-catching display to wow passers-by, or even as a point-of-sale combination counter display that maximises your mechandise display potential.
Glass shop display cabinets are popular with all kinds of retailer, including jewellery stores, craft stores and boutique clothing stores. Products can be displayed behind toughened glass and the cabinets are lockable and come with LED lighting options. These retail displays are available in several different styles, including aluminium-framed cases, elegant glass cubes and acrylic counter-top displays.
Slatwall panels for Melbourne traders
Slatwall gives Melbourne stores the opportunity to kit their premises out in a highly effective fashion. These MDF panels can be fixed to all solid wall surfaces to turn all perimeters into prime retail space. Slatwall is highly durable, versatile and space-saving. This shop shelving consists of horizontal slat panels that are separated by aluminium-lined grooves into which shelving brackets and a number of accessories slide easily. You can erect conventional shelves or use accessories such as hooks, prongs, hangrails, waterfalls, acrylic bins and stands, or wire baskets to create decorative shelving displays, space-efficient hangsell displays or group together akwardy-shaped items.
Slatwall panels come in a range of colours including white, black and golden beech and are popular with all kinds of store, ranging from clothing stores and electronics stores to pharmacies and stationers. The slat panels have a good load-bearing capacity and can be used to display medium to moderately heavy products.
Gondola shelving for Melbourne stores
Gondola shelving is a free-standing retail shop fitting that enables retailers to create vertical aisles of browsable products anywhere in the store. The popularity of gondola shelving in Melbourne has grown in recent years as stores from grocers and supermarkets to designer boutiques, hobby stores and sports stores seek to benefit from the flexibility and practicality of these shelving systems. Gondola units are available as single-sided and double-sided models, come in a range of different sizes and colours, and can be in slatwall, pegboard or frid mesh wire design. These units can be used with all shelving and accessories, so practically any product of reasonable size and weight can be displayed using these systems.
All gondola units are very easy to use. Shelving accessories slide in and out of all panels, meaning that shop displays can be arranged and rearranged in no time at all. Units are also wipe clean and easy to maintain.
Other shopfitting for Melbourne stores
- Display hooks – cheap and flexible retail shop fittings that slide or clip onto slatwall, pegboard or grid mesh panels to offer hangsell display capabilities, helping stores to maximise their space and keep a range of products well-organised.
- Slat display grid mesh – lightweight, affordable alternative shop fitting supplies to slatwall and pegboard systems. These units are ideal for market traders and pop-up stores.
- Plastic brochure perspex holders – perfect for leaflets, brochures or flyers and available in an assortment of sizes and styles. Holders can be attached to store walls ore shop shelving units, placed on shop counters or on rotating stands anywhere in the store.
- Retail display stands – including acrylic stands, wire baskets and display spinner trees to display all kinds of smaller, awkwardly-shaped products.
- Mannequins and clothes racks – including straight racks, multi-arm racks and circular racks that give a variety of convenient display options to clothing and garment stores.
Delivering the best to Australian business
All purchases come with a 12-month warranty for your peace of mind, so you can rest assured that you’re making a smart investment for your business. For added security, all freight includes full insurance and is only shipped with reputable and trusted companies.
Any questions? Get in touch with our staff and get the answers you need. Browse our impressive selection of retail shop fittings including gondola and retail shelving, glass showcases, cabinets, pharmacy and hardware shelving, display hooks, and so much more. Find the displays you need for your Melbourne shop in our online store today!