Most customers expect to see a well-organized store as soon as they set foot in it. If a potential customer is struggling to find an item or has to search for a product, they might feel that the search is a waste of their valuable time. The result is a client who will exit the front door of your shop without a moment’s hesitation. So, it is essential that store owners pay careful attention to the display of their products, not only aesthetically, but to ensure products are organized efficiently and effectively. This can be achieved by using shelving for shops
Statistics indicate 60% of sales come from the way shop owners set up their retail displays; while more than 30% of sales lost are due to disorganization, improper product display and inaccessibility.
This means, it is of the utmost importance that you set up your displays in a way that will entice your customers to purchase your products. Knowing how to best set up your shelving displays will help you sell more product, and increase your overall bottom line.
The Top 3 Reasons to Pay Special Attention to Shelving and The Display of Your Products
- Eases Monthly Inventory: Shelving allows you to sort your inventory in a way that makes sense to your customers, but it also helps with those gruelling monthly stock-takes that can use up a huge amount of time if products are not organized properly. Organizing your stock will minimize the time your staff spend on monthly stock-takes.
- Encourages Return Clientele: When your products are displayed in a way that makes sense, potential customers will feel at ease and enjoy the shopping experience more. Humans like comfort. If you can provide a comfortable shopping environment, you appeal to their human emotions and thus create return clientele in the process.
- Increases Customer Expenditure: It has been found that overall customer expenditure increased after shop owners incorporated more practical shelving and display options in their stores.
The above top 3 benefits are only a handful; there are numerous other benefits available to shop owners who pay special attention to the overall setup of their shopping environment through shelving and displays.
In this article, we will explain three types of shelving options on the market that will best maximize the space you have available in your shop:
- Glass shelving is a great way to draw attention to higher-priced items your shop has for sale. The reflective qualities of the glass make it easy to set up lighting behind, above or on the sides of a product to enhance their overall appeal.
- Because they are transparent, they will blend in well with whatever kind of store environment your shop has.
- Glass shelves are also among the most versatile in the industry. They can be cut to any size and shape, which makes them easy to use in any part of your store.
- Display shelves for shops are a great way to highlight promotional items and guide your customers through your store. If you set up your shelving correctly, you can make it easy for them to naturally gravitate towards your more expensive products.
- One of the easiest ways to draw attention to a promotional item is to use an end display. These displays are placed in the areas where your customers are going to be walking anyway, and make it easy for them to see items they weren’t otherwise planning to buy.
- Melamine shelving has an elegant laminate finish, and is an easy way to display just about anything. This kind of shelving tends to be more durable than other alternatives. It is also easy to keep clean.
Consider Your Options for Buying Shelving Displays
Trying to buy shelving doesn’t have to be complicated. There are several easy ways to find display shelves for sale:
Visit a Shelving Shop
Visiting a shelving shop in Sydney is a great option if you are not sure what kind of shelving you want to go with just yet. Going to a physical store will help you see how the shelves are set up, and what kind of atmosphere they will bring to your own shop.
Shopping online to buy shelves is an excellent option, especially if you are still in the research and planning phases of setting up your shop. Conduct research online to understand what shelving options are available, as well as the price range you can expect to pay.
Buy Quality Shelves in Australia
At Shopfittings Direct we have shelving solutions for every store. Contact us at (02) 9608 5122 or email [email protected]. We’re happy to help you figure out the best way to equip your store with the shelving you need.
Enjoyed this article?
Let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
There are many different ways to fit out your reta...
With over 2000 retailers in Melbourne, shops need ...
Shelving has long been of key importance in retail...
Many retailers find that they need to rearrange th...